If you aspire to pursue higher education in the United Kingdom and are in search of financial support, look no further than Goldsmiths, University of London. Established in 1891, Goldsmiths is a distinguished public institution located in the heart of London. It offers a range of Regional Scholarships, providing fully funded opportunities for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. students. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the details of these scholarships, including the level of study, eligibility criteria, application procedure, and important deadlines.
The Regional Scholarships offered by Goldsmiths, University of London provide comprehensive coverage to international students, making higher education in the UK more accessible. Here’s what the scholarships cover:
- Humanitarian Scholarship:
- Full tuition waiver for one year
- £16,550 allowance for living costs
- Travel expenses
- International Response Scholarship:
- Full tuition waiver for each year of study
- Room and board at the Goldsmith halls
These generous scholarships aim to alleviate the financial burden of international students, enabling them to focus on their studies and immerse themselves in the academic and cultural experience at Goldsmiths.
To be considered for these Regional Scholarships, candidates need to meet specific eligibility criteria. These criteria can be categorized into two main sections:
Goldsmiths, University of London Eligibility Criteria: Before applying for the Regional Scholarships, prospective students must meet Goldsmiths, University of London’s admission eligibility criteria. These criteria can be found on the official Goldsmiths, University of London website.
Regional Scholarships Specific Eligibility Criteria: In addition to Goldsmiths’ general admission criteria, the Regional Scholarships have specific requirements. These requirements vary depending on the type of scholarship:
Humanitarian Scholarship Eligibility:
- Must be a resident of or a citizen from Palestine
- Incoming Master’s degree students
- Holder of a Student Visa
International Response Scholarship Eligibility:
- Must have Refugee Status or an active application for asylum in the UK
- Incoming undergraduate or postgraduate students
It is essential to carefully review these criteria and ensure that you meet the necessary requirements for the scholarship you wish to apply for.
The application process for Regional Scholarships at Goldsmiths, University of London consists of two primary steps. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you navigate through the application process:
- Apply for Admission to Goldsmiths, University of London: Before applying for Regional Scholarships, you must first complete the admission application process at Goldsmiths. Ensure you meet the institution’s general admission criteria, which can be found on the official Goldsmiths, University of London website.
- Submit a Separate Scholarship Application: Regional Scholarships require a separate scholarship application, in addition to your university admission application. To apply for the scholarship, you will need to prepare the following requirements:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Additional documentation specific to the scholarship type (e.g., proof of residency, visa status, etc.)
Follow these steps to submit your scholarship application and required documents:
- Complete the scholarship application form available on the scholarship pages.
- Gather and provide any additional documentation required for your chosen scholarship.
It’s important to emphasize that the application process for scholarships is separate from the university admission process. Be sure to pay close attention to the scholarship application deadlines and requirements.
The application deadlines for Regional Scholarships at Goldsmiths, University of London vary depending on the scholarship type. Here are the important dates to keep in mind:
- Master’s Scholarship Application Deadline: April 27, 2023